List:       xine-devel
Subject:    [xine-devel] Help make Xine and LSB standard
From:       Mark Baker <mark () usefree ! org>
Date:       2006-05-26 21:50:17

Hi,

I'd like to let Xine developers know about the Linux
Standard Base (LSB) summit [1] that will take place
June 1-2 in Boston, MA at the USENIX Annual Technical
Conference '06 [2]. They will discuss what
applications will be included as a multimedia standard
on the Linux desktop. I think Xine (or at least
Xine-lib) has a very good chance of making it into the
standard because Xine is so widely used.

If you would like to make a case for including Xine in
the standard, you can do so on the LSB-futures
mailinglist [3].

Thanks, and good luck!
-Mark

[1] http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_Summit