List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] PATCH: fix PTS wrap detection for demux_ts
From:       Julian Scheel <julian () jusst ! de>
Date:       2006-05-21 11:07:50

Hi all,

Am Montag, 27. März 2006 17:02 schrieb Barry Scott:
> Julian Scheel wrote:
> >>
> >> If there is no down side this patch should be applied to cvs to match
> >> the fix to demux_mpeg_pes.c.
> >> Can that be done?
> >
> > I still experience reception problems from time to time, if the path is
> > applied. But actually I am not sure if it's really this patch the
> > produces the problems, because I still have them if I record something to
> > HDD, while playing it back with patched xine-lib and afterwards remove
> > the patch. I will do more tests with that these days.

I finally did further investigations on this problem (Astra HD has many
artefacts and sound-drops). This behaviour actually happens, when the
WRAP_THRESHOLD is increased above a value around 15000.
This seemed very weird to me, because AstraHD is not causing any wrap
detections even with 12000 threshold when it's runing. But actually I figured
out, that immediately after starting the playback of AstraHD a whole lot of
wraps are detected and afterwards it runs fine. These wrap detects do not
happen with the new threshold with 27000 which causes the decoder to detect a
whole lot of audio/video discontinuities.
Seeing this I am still a bit confused about the reason for this.
Maybe one of you has an idea about that?

I added you to CC, Reinhard, because you did the original patch, I hope it's
ok.

Cheers,
Julian