List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] xine-lib CVS fails to build with "make debug"
From:       Darren Salt <linux () youmustbejoking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-05-15 18:01:50

I demand that James Courtier-Dutton may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt wrote:
[src/libffmpeg/libavcodec/h263.c and a few other files]
>> I see a compilation failure if I use gcc 3.4 or 4.0: "sorry,
>> unimplemented: inlining failed ...: function body not available". I'm now
>> off to look for inlined functions (probably
>> "__attribute__((always_inline))") which are defined after they're used...

> I get that error (see below). If anyone can fix this,

You haven't been watching xine-cvs. ;-)

> I would much appreciate it. In the mean time I have to use the following
> option: ./configure --with-external-ffmeg

Try current CVS HEAD - you should find that your problem is fixed, at least
wrt libavcodec.

If you find more errors of this kind wrt static inline functions, you need to
move the inlined function body so that it's seen before the function is used.

For externally visible inlined functions, you need to use __inline__ in the
header file. (This works here with gcc >= 3.3; I haven't tested older
versions or other compilers.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   You too can roll your own kernel...

Is this a machine? I don't talk to machines! <click>