List:       xine-devel
Subject:    [xine-devel] Re: gxine make
From:       Darren Salt <linux () youmustbejoking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-26 18:22:05

I demand that Paul Bourke may or may not have written...

> I usually use the normal xine frontend but was over at a friend's house
> today and saw gxine and thought it looked much better. So I've just tried
> to compile it, it configures fine but I'm getting the following error on
> running make:

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H [...] -c `test -f 'key_events.c' || echo './'`key_events.c
> key_events.c:1136: error: `XINE_EVENT_VDR_BACK' undeclared here (not in a function)
[snip]

You need a newer xine-lib. (The dependency on the version of xine-lib is a
little too loose.)

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/temp/gxine-0.4.1/src'

Despite what's said on xinehq.de, 0.4.1 isn't the current release version.
;-)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

People will remember you better if you always wear the same outfit.