List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Success with xine on amd64
From:       Alien <alien999999999 () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-03-09 20:13:22

Op maandag 7 maart 2005 01:46, schreef Mike Melanson:
> Alien wrote:
> > i have less success...
> >
> > i seem to have problems with xine-ui if loading multiple mp3 files
> > (probably just files with audio-only), goom will not work, and if
> > choosing another video post plugin, after playing a few files i am unable
> > to quit xine with Q, ESC, clicking quit button, xine -S quit.
>
> 	I would like to register a similar problem with audio-only files on my
> AMD64 setup. I never use Goom, but I do use the fftscope and oscope
> plugins. They both work but when they are enabled, I cannot quit the
> program with 'q'. Always <Ctrl>-C from the command prompt.

lirc does however not have an issue on 64bit, so that works too.

it was my fault, i had 2 irexec in diff directories and the old one worked
with old settings and the new one didn't work, but the old one was executed,
while xine was compiled with the new one...

mea culpa

after somewhat more testing, audio only sources with video post plugins cannot
quit, for some reason, gdb shows that some threads were zombies  (around 3),
so this is probably a weird thing here. it seems that once you have played
one such file, you cannot quit, if there was a next one in line with video,
it might work, never tested it...