List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Musepack support
From:       James Stembridge <jstembridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-10 11:41:15

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:22:26 -0500, Andreas Philipp
<andreas.philipp@noemasol.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask if there has been made any progress on support for this
> codec, and if there are any concrete plans to have the xine libs include
> support for it.

I personally haven't made any progress. My plan for support would be
to write a C interface to libmusepack, which is written in C++, and
then write a decoder that uses that, as well as a native demuxer.

> Background: A big part of my digital music archive is in Musepack format, and
> I would like to be able to use the xine backend for the amaroK music player
> under KDE. Without support for the Musepack codec I am stuck with the aRts
> engine which does support it.

I don't really have many musepack files so given the limited amount of
time I have for working on xine these days I don't see myself
finishing this work any time soon. Of course I wouldn't be
particularly adverse to receiving some motivation from an external
source ;)

James.