List:       xine-devel
Subject:    [xine-devel] Re: vdr-xine plugin through pc keyboard
From:       Reinhard Nissl <rnissl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-12-28 14:28:23

Hi,

Noel Abela wrote:

> I have installed vdr together with the xine plugin (since I have a Skystar 2
> DVB satellite card).
> I launch vdr with vdr -P 'xine -r'. The -r enables xine to use vdr keystrokes.
>
> I will eventually get to a remote control but for now I need to use my
> keyboard to set up things like my rotor plugin etc.
>
> I removed /var/spool/video/remote.conf then run vdr. It asks me to press each
> key so it can learn my desired keystrokes but 'ESC' appears to be the only
> key that is being accepted.
> It looks like xine is capturing the key presses and not passing them to VDR
> except for the ESC key.
> Any suggestions? Maybe I can create remote.conf manually?

Did you read INSTALL section REMOTE LEARNING MODE?

Please give me a hint if you find that INSTALL respectively MANUAL lack
a piece of information :-(

vdr-xine's remote (which you activate by "-r") doesn't need learning as
there is a fix relationship between VDR commands and the available
actions in xine.

So all you need to do is to assign keys to the new actions (named
VDR...) in xine's keybinding dialog. Be aware that there are a couple of
actions that are shared with xine (e. g. "0" .. "9"). See MANUAL for
details. Make sure that you compiled xine-ui with --enable-vdr-keys!

BTW: as VDR entered remote learning mode it seems that you either
compiled VDR with REMOTE=LIRC or without NO_KBD=1. For the later case
VDR wants to learn key presses from the terminal where you started VDR
from. This has nothing to do with any keys pressed in xine's window.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de