List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] life after 1.0 (was: showstopper bugs for 1.0)
From:       "Sylvain \"Skarsnik\" Colinet" <scolinet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-11-18 18:24:39

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:52:44 -0200, Miguel Freitas <mfreitas@gmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]

> > Hum somebody send me patch for keep audio on speed change without
> > scretch post plugin one month ago, but It seen to not appear in
> > 1.0rc7, and I thought the author commit it in cvs, if there is no plan
> > to have it in cvs I need to rewrite my small appli to use the screth
> > plugin, can I hope find the patch in libxine 1.0 or just rewrite my
> > appli ?
>
> use the stretch plugin (you don't need to "rewrite" you application
> though). at this point any patch that changes the inner workings of
> the engine is likely to be rejected.
>
> miguel

For me and some user, this patch correct a bug. I don't see prob of
cpu average or memory leak in my use with this patch. I am was very
happy when I play a DVD and active fast forward and the sound don't go
off. I don't know the xine engine and I can't evaluate how this patch
break rules or other things, but I like the result :)

Other question, I read the hacker guide, but I can't find another
documentation wich describe all key of making a good frontend.

Thanks

PS : Yes I will continue arging you, xine's developpers :)
--
Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet

Victory was near but the power of the ring couldn't be undone