List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] xine stalls when time changes
From:       Mike Melanson <mike () multimedia ! cx>
Date:       2004-10-22 23:28:20

Stephen torri wrote:
> I believe the accuracy can only be improved by finding any bugs in what
> I modified. Run it on your machine and tell me the results:

Hmm, "Illegal instruction". Ah, it's running on a 486-class machine. Let
me try it on a higher-spec machine (Pentium+):

CPU Frequency: 1809482476.0000 hz (1809.4825 Mhz)  # of ticks in a 1
period: 1809482380 ticks
CPU Frequency: 1809481374.4000 hz (1809.4814 Mhz)  # of ticks in a 10
period: 18094813648 ticks

On the 1.8 GHz machine. So this approach may have some merit on Pentium+
machines. And it would definitely fix conflicts that users (like me) see
when running the chrony NTP daemon that persistently updates the clock.

	But my area is not engine matters... I will pass that to Thibaut or
Miguel or Michael or someone else who knows better.
--
	-Mike Melanson