List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] xine and DVD ISO images, and "weird" formats
From:       Michael Roitzsch <mroi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-06-30 16:40:51

Hi,

> However, with Xine, I need to manually mount the ISO as a loopback and
> only then play it. Is there a way to do a playback without mounting the
> ISO first? I tried: xine dvd:///DVD-ISO.ISO/ and xine dvd://DVD-ISO.ISO/
> - both of these ways doesn't seem to work.

As with all absolute URIs, you have to give the full path:

dvd:/full/path/to/your/image.iso/

You already found the trick with the trailing slash, which is unintuitive, but
unfortunately still necessary. (Read: I have not found the time to clean up
the MRL parser in the DVD input plugin.)

Michael

--
printk("CPU[%d]: Giving pardon to imprisoned penguins\n",
 smp_processor_id());