List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] xine_open problem
From:       Michael Roitzsch <mroi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-06-26 11:46:34

Hi Barry,

> > You are getting closer to the problem. Now you need to find out if
> > either: * demux.c is falsely expecting the audio header here (that would
> > only be the
> >   case, if the stream does not have an audio output port attached)
>
> The behaviour is dependent on the media used, in all cases the media
> has sound. I've been sondering if its a buffering issue. I know that
> some MPEG2 files require a lot of video data to be read before the
> first audio is encountered.

I just looked at the backtrace again and saw that both streams' decoder loops
are already running. Both streams use the mad decoder, so they are playing
some MPEG audio, when you call xine_open() on the second. While this should
work, it would be interesting to have a list of the xine_* calls your
application executed before it got into the bad state. Could you instrument
your application's code with printfs so that it logs all xine_* function
calls and post this log here?

Michael

--
panic("bad_user_access_length executed (not cool, dude)");
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/kernel/panic.c