List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Xine Debug question
From:       Michael Roitzsch <mroi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-06-24 20:03:54

Hi Varol,

> I am working the xine-libs into my program and I got to the point where
> I have once in a while a crash (currently more often then not).
>
> I usually use ddd to debug but since xine is multi threaded it won't do
> it "out of the box".
>
> How do you debug a multi threaded application like xine etc ?  Any tips
> appreceated.

As Mike already said, printf's are good. :)

Apart from that, I mostly use gdb (especially for segfaults), which handles
multithreaded apps without any trouble ("thread apply all bt" will give
backtraces of all threads) and I use valgrind for heap/stack corruption and
memory leaks.

Michael

--
Never trust a programmer who is carrying a screwdriver.