List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Problem in adding a speech codec plugin
From:       Michael Roitzsch <mroi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-06-23 18:09:36

Hi,

> We need to add an additional G.723.1 speech codec to the existing codec
> library of xine-lib. ver no xine-lib-1-rc4. We have done the following
> things:
> 1)       Added a demux file to the demux folder and updated its makefile.
> 2)       Also made necessary updations in group_audio.c, group_audio.h,
> buffer_types.c and buffer.h files
> 3)       Added the folder containing the
> codec to src folder and also added xine_decoder.c with all required
> API's/function things in it like * get_description() .
>
> The problem is that whenever we open our encoded file using xine, it fails
> giving the following error: "There are no demuxer plugins available to
> handle this file format". Kindly let us know as to what needs to be done so
> that our demuxer is identified.
>
> The demuxer fails to open in if(open_plugin) condition in the file
> load_plugins.c. Let us know the procedure for doing this for both, method
> by extension as well as method by content modes.

But some debug printfs in your demuxer to check, if it is actually being
called. If it is not, there might be something wrong with your demuxer's
interface version (it was increased in CVS lately). If your demuxer is
called, then you have to find out why your demuxer returns with a failure.
The latter case would point to a problem in your demuxer.

You could also post the code for your demuxer here, maybe someone sees the
problem from looking at the code.

Michael

--
printk("CPU[%d]: Sending penguins to jail...",smp_processor_id());
	2.4.8 arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c