List:       xine-devel
Subject:    [xine-devel] DRAWABLE_CHANGED
From:       Barr <xbarr () ninomojo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-04 21:18:43

Hi,

I need to change the current drawable while rendering the stream.
I'm using the DRAWABLE_CHANGED info to notify Xine about the change
but it seems that it is ignored for the current frame.
The drawable used is managed by Qt.
The actual code sequence goes like this:

// Block Xine output.
XLockDisplay(XineDisplay);

// This calls internally change the XWindow for the widget. (Qt lib)
QWidget->showFullscreen();

// Inform Xine about the change of X handle of the widget.
xine_port_send_gui_data(video, XINE_GUI_SEND_DRAWABLE_CHANGED, (void
*)QWidget->winId());

// Release, Xine can resume.
XUnlockDisplay(XineDisplay);

What's happening, I believe, is that a frame is being hold by the
XLockDisplay() just before it's rendered and that it's rendered just after I
unlock the display, but, still using the old handle. I got exactly one
complain from X (major 4) when doing this after what it all becomes fine
again.

Is there a way to synchronize to the Xine display in any way to be sure my
call is commited as soon as it is made?

Thanks.
barr