List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Re: [xine-cvs] CVS: xine-lib/src/liba52 xine_decoder.c,1.61,1.62
From:       Miguel Freitas <miguel () cetuc ! puc-rio ! br>
Date:       2003-11-16 19:03:52

> In what way did the code not match the explanation?

you said the dvd pack contained information about:

- number of a52 frame headers
- which frame header does the pts apply to

but the code used only the former information. i must admit i didn't
completely understood how it worked and why a list of PTSs would ever be
needed.

as far as i had understood, we would just need to count the frame headers
to attach this->pts to the right one, zeroing it after that. it can't be
much more complicated than that...

> Although the DVD A52 header contains number of A52 frames, and also
> frame number within this PACK that the PTS applies to, we only need the
> frame number within this PACK info to do our job, so we ignore the
> number of A52 frames.

if that was your intention i guess you mixed both variables and used the
wrong one (iirc).

regards,

Miguel