List:       xine-devel
Subject:    [xine-devel] Xine AVI preview
From:       "Arend van Beelen jr." <arend () auton ! nl>
Date:       2003-06-09 13:02:25

Hi!

If I try to view a partially downloaded DivX movie with XINE, XINE will
at some point try to restore the index. When it is restoring the index
XINE is very busy and it can't be interrupted. Now I've got two
questions: When restoring the index, does XINE write this restored index
to the file? Because if it does, it has the potential to corrupt a
partially downloaded file. And, can this restoring of the index be
turned off somehow? Causing XINE to simply stop playing if it encounters
such trouble.
I'm thinking of using XINE (through kdemultimedia-xine) to implement AVI
(and other media formats) preview in a P2P program, but I don't want it
to hog up the entire UI when it is restoring an index (let alone to
corrupt partially downloaded files).

Thanks,

Arend jr.