List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] xine hangs playing some MOV files on SMP box
From:       xi <xizard () enib ! fr>
Date:       2003-06-06 21:49:19

Mike Melanson wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, xi wrote:
>

>>Are you sure this problem is due to SMP ? I have SMP and no problem to
>>read mov files.
>>Can you provide a sample somewhere.
>

> 	But what kind of QT files are we talking about? If they use QDM*
> audio (QDMC, QDM2), you have to use the QT DLLs and those are causing the
> problem in this case. Almost any other QT codec is handled in open source
> software.
>
> 	I suspect the Win32 DLL is doing something weird with threads when
> it is being loaded.
> --
> 	-Mike Melanson

Ok, sorry, you are right.

I have tried a file with qdm audio and xine hangs. The same file with
the same dlls works fine on a non-SMP machine.

I may help to find the problem, but how to provide gdb's info ? I
believe I have tried once, and xine looked up gdb.
So, I have to compile xine with "make debug"
Then I run gdb using "gdb xine", and I load my file using "run -v
filename" command
And finaly I run the command "thread apply all bt"

Is this all ok ?

Thanks,
			Xavier

--