List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] A/V sync
From:       Michael Roitzsch <mroi () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-06-06 12:56:34

Hi Jeroen,

> > > I extended the v4l plugin too also capture audio so that it can
> > > sync the video with the audio. However, I noticed, when I grab
> > > large chunks (64k or more) or audio. Xine doesn't sync the video
> > > with the audio anymore.
> >
> > You should find out why not. Maybe enabling logging in audio_out.c
> > will show something.
>
> I enabled logging in audio_out.c I notice that the current delay
> start at around 13000 and then slowly increases. 10 minutes later is
> is allready around 26000.
> The gap isn't that large. Sometimes it is large (6000) and then
> decreases rapidly to < 200.

The reported gap is what xine thinks the offset between audio and video.
Since this seems to be within tolerable limits, xine thinks everything
is in sync.
What audio_out plugin do you use? If it is OSS, try the different
settings of config entry audio.oss_sync_method.

> > Linux is for Network
> > Mac is for Artwork
> > Windows is for Solitaire
>
> What about patience?

:)
Come on, give Windows a chance.

Michael

--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Warning: defective CD-ROM (volume sequence
number). Enabling \"cruft\" mount option.\n");