List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Re: disposing video_out
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-15 9:58:49

Hi Michael,

[...]

> > Is it possible to freeze the audio driver API in xine 1.0.x?
> > Otherwise, the xine aRts plugin (and possibly other applications
> > using xine that require a special audio driver) might have binary
> > incompatibilities with xine minor releases.
>
> Maybe you could use guenter's new xine_get_next_audio_frame() method,
> which is part of the new framegrabber feature. This would be a cleaner
> solution, because it does not require access to internal xine
> structures.

The new xine_get_next_audio_frame(), xine_get_next_video_frame() are great,
and I intent to use it for the KDE video thumbnailer. It should be more
reliable than xine_get_current_frame(), which is currently used.

However, I'm not sure if it's possible to use xine_get_next_audio_frame() for
synchronized audio/video playback. It's probably not intented to be used for
that purpose either.

[...]

> Michael

bye,