List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] broken strsep
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-12-31 19:14:47

Hi Robin,

[...]

> > -#ifdef HAVE_STRSEP
> > +#if defined(HAVE_STRSEP) || !defined(XINE_COMPILE)

[...]

> What is the reason for the above change to xineutils.h? It causes the
> compilation of xine-ui to fail because unless XINE_COMPILE is defined,
> xine_strsep is always defined to strsep which isn't present on Solaris.

I'm sorry for causing these problems. Before committing these changes, any
application using the xine library had to define HAVE_STRSEP, HAVE_SETENV and
HAVE_STRPBRK to avoid linkage problems. Even if the application didn't use
any of these functions.

Perhaps the fix should be in xine.m4. It could be fixed by adding the
following line to xine.m4. The changes to xineutils.h can then be reverted.

	AC_CHECK_FUNCS([strsep strpbrk setenv])

> Wishing you good fortune,
> --Robin Kay-- (komadori)

bye,