List:       xine-codec-devel
Subject:    RE: [codec-devel] Looking for codec for mutiple description video
From:       csa03030 () cse ! iitd ! ernet ! in
Date:       2005-04-08 7:35:58

Hi,

 I have  come across lot of technical papers about such MDC codecs :
 eg :
1. A MDMC codec (Multiple Description Motion Compensated) has been
referred in "Error-Resilient Video Coding Using Multiple Description
Motion Compensation" Yao Wang, Senior Member, IEEE, and Shunan Lin,
Student Member, IEEE.This codec has been developed on top of H.263 codec.
In the simplest scenario the MDc encoder generates two descriptions,
containing the coded even and odd frames, respectively. When only a single
description (say, that containing even frames) is received, the decoder
can only use previous even frames for prediction.
 The MDC codec should be able to split the video into 2 or more
independent descriptions. Here I want to try with a basic simple scnario
in which there are two independent descriptions.

 I am looking out for some implementations of such a MDC codec.
Any information will be of great help.

Thanks,
Divya