List:       xine-codec-devel
Subject:    [codec-devel] Streambox ACTL Codec
From:       Mike Melanson <mike () multimedia ! cx>
Date:       2004-10-13 17:15:15

Hi,
	I came across a (not-so-)new video codec last night called Streambox
ACT-L2. You may recall Streambox as the company that challenged Real
with software that captured Real streams (and Streambox lost the legal
battle). The codec fourcc is ACTL. I found this press release dated Feb.
2004:

   http://www.streambox.com/corporate~/press/press_transport.htm

And here is a sample (the reason I learned of the codec):

   http://www.atopia.cam.org/asilentlove480x260.mov

(Roberto: Can you archive this @mplayerhq?)

--
	-Mike Melanson