List:       xine-codec-devel
Subject:    Re: [codec-devel] 2 strange files...
From:       Mike Melanson <melanson () pcisys ! net>
Date:       2002-10-18 23:59:10

Hi,
	I have committed a fix to xine's Cinepak decoder so that it treats
a 0x2400 block type as a palettized vector codebook chunk. Previously, it
was thought to be a greyscale vector codebook chunk. If I ever see a file
that is supposed to use the greyscale mode, I will re-think my strategy.
The file plays (FWIW) and that is all the investigation I will give it for
now.

	Of course, xine CVS is in another state of flux (major API
upgrade), so xine's fix is not immediately ready for testing.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson