List:       xfree86-forum
Subject:    [forum] Colour values have changed for 4.4.0
From:       Marco Wertejuk <wertejuk () mwcis ! com>
Date:       2003-11-11 23:02:14

Hello,

I recently updated to the upcoming 4.4.0 release (4.3.99.15)
and noticed changed colour values for xterm (4.3.99.15(181)).

The blue looks no longer like a strong and dark blue but
like a weenie light blue (I've took screenshots).

This is probably not a bug but a wanted change and actually
I don't want it ;)

I don't think it's a configuration issue or there's even a
possibility to configure the rgb values for the terminal
colour 'blue'. Please correct me if I'm mistaken but if I'm
right I was wondering why this default colour has changed
and of course how to revert it (downgrading would help but
if it is probably a topic for discussion if the default
colours should change without a possibility to remain
using the oldschool colour shemes).

To see what I'm walking about I took two screenshots both
of them showing mutt, the xterm shot shows the new colour
sheme and the aterm screenshot is near to the old xterm
colouring sheme, which I liked so much :)

http://www.hayai.de/misc/mutt_xterm.png
http://www.hayai.de/misc/mutt_aterm.png

Please set me on CC when responding since I'm not a
regular reader of this list, thanks.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Marco Wertejuk - mwcis.com