List:       xfree86-forum
Subject:    [forum] GIMP Perl Server under Xvfb
From:       "Gary C. New" <garycnew () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-11-06 10:59:20

I have recently installed GIMP to run under Xvfb.  Additionally, I
created two init.d scripts to automate the start/stop of Xvfb and GIMP's
Perl Server at start-up/shutdown.  Both scripts work great when executed
manually, but when actually power cycling the system it only launches
Xvfb and GIMP without the Perl Server.

I have Xvfb as one of the first scripts started under init.d and the
GIMP with Perl Server as one of the last.  Below, is the syntax I am
using in each script.

daemon Xvfb :1 -screen 0 640x480x24 -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/
-nolisten tcp -ac &

daemon /usr/bin/gimp --batch \''(extension-perl-server 1 0 0)'\'
\''(gimp-quit 0)'\' --no-interface --no-data --verbose
--display :1.0 --no-splash --no-splash-image --console-messages
--enable-stack-trace never &

The GIMP mailing list suggested it might be due to environmental
variables with Xvfb or something of the sort.  Any ideas?

Respectfully,

Gary

P.S.  I am using it for a CAPTCHA installation.