List:       xfree86-forum
Subject:    Re: [forum] XFree86 modularization
From:       David Dawes <dawes () XFree86 ! Org>
Date:       2003-05-09 15:12:38

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 07:51:00AM -0700, Jim.Gettys@hp.com wrote:
>David,
>
>My point wasn't that a version of Freetype shouldn't be included in the
>distribution, but that building and installing it by default on platforms
>where it is inappropriate causes trouble.  Having a version available known

That's a build-time configuration issue.  I've been advocating on
and off for a while now an "auto-generated platform.cf" enhancement
to the existing build system, which if done correctly would deal
with the vast majority of issues like this (and others) without
the level of work that would be required to replace the entire
build/config system.

David
--
David Dawes
Founder/committer/developer                     The XFree86 Project