List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with patch 4.7.99.14-4.7.99.15.diff.bz2 in PCI detection
From:       Marc Aurele La France <tsi () ualberta ! ca>
Date:       2008-05-21 13:00:46

On Wed, 21 May 2008, loic.mahe@regis-dgac.net wrote:
>> I suspect this is happening because these systems are capable of PCI
>> Express.  Please try the attached patch when you get the system back. It
>> would be sufficient to check if the slowdown still occurs with the
>> resulting scanpci binary.

> Okay, I've got the machine back and I've tested your patch with scanpci.
> => The problem is corrected, XFree86 doesn't block anymore on this
> 111d:8018 chip.

> I suppose it will be included in the next official patch ?

Yes it will, given I've already committed it.

Thanks for trying it out.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |