List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Looking for document
From:       Bagula Bagula <bagulax () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-01-12 7:34:17

Hi,
    I am new to X development.

I need to develop a kernel module/device driver for a new graphics controller, so would like
to understand how X communicates to the HW. It seems that there are many interfaces..
MMIO/PIO, frame buffers, DRI/DRM etc.

Is there any document that describes how X interacts with interface driver for a video controller?

Regards,
Bagula

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs