List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with several patches
From:       Marc Aurele La France <tsi () ualberta ! ca>
Date:       2007-07-04 16:45:11

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, loic.mahe@regis-dgac.net wrote:
>>> Please send me the following files from your build:

>>> xc/lib/font/FreeType/Makefile
>>> xc/lib/font/FreeType/module/Makefile

>> Okay, here are 4 files :

>> Makefile_patch and Makefile_module_patch are the Makefiles when
>> 4.6.99.23-4.6.99.24.diff.bz2 is fully applied
>> and leading to a compilation error.

>> Makefile_nopatch and Makefile_module_nopatch are the Makefiles when I
>> delete every modification related to
>> in 4.6.99.23-4.6.99.24.diff.bz2, in order to compile.

> The error is that you applied the diffs with `patch`, not with GNU `patch
> -E` as recommended.  Thus you ended up with a number of empty files in
> xc/lib/font/FreeType and xc/lib/font/FreeType/module that need to be
> removed.

> Once you do that, rather than rebuild from scratch, you can simply...

> 	xc xc/lib/font/FreeType

Oops.  I meant ...

 	cd xc/lib/font/FreeType

Marc.

> 	make clean
> 	make includes
> 	make depend
> 	make

> ... and there should be no errors this time.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |