List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: Capturing events from the root window
From:       "Raymond Jennings" <raymondjennings32 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 21:21:15

You could "fudge it" if you have to.  Monitor your window for configure
notify events, and poll the root window.  Whenever there is information
indicating that your window is no longer at the top, restack it so that it
becomes on top if you have to.  This will work, but you'll need to keep your
latency down.  It will take about a split second for it to jump.  This ought
to work no matter what window manager you use.  This is a sure fire kludge,
but there might be a better way.  Does X11 provide a "always on top" flag?