List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: turnning lcd on side for a display
From:       "Tim Roberts" <timr () probo ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 21:25:29

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:07:17 -0500, ryan@scottshill.org wrote:

>I am trying to make X display as a landscape so I can turn a lcd monitor
>on it's side. Is this possible and if os could you point me to documentation
>of how to do so.

Landscape is the normal orientation (wide).  What you want is portrait
(tall).  With many drivers, you can use
   Option  "Rotate"  "CW"
in the XF86Config file.  Note, however, that this often involves turning
off the hardware acceleration, since most graphics chips do not support
hardware rotation like that.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.