List:       xfree86-devel
Subject:    Re: How to render multiple cursors?
From:       david mattatall <davidsmind () linuxbasics ! com>
Date:       2003-10-15 15:46:31

On Thursday 09 October 2003 08:03, Kieran O'Sullivan wrote:
> Why would you want more than one pointer? and more importantly how would
> it be used?

1. It's quite conciveable that two cursors could be used to perform two
actions at the same time, I mean most of us use multitasking OS'es so the
cursors should reflect that.

2. USE YOUR IMAGINATION! Two usb mice, one in your left hand, one in your
right. You use one to click and drag a window out of the way and you use the
other to choose your favorite song on XMMS. The uses of the technology will
expand to fit the technology, that's what OpenSource development is all
about. (actually what first is needed is someone with ambition AND coding
skills. Like many others, I only have the latter.)

> I wonder if you are not making life more difficult than it
> needs to be.

How? By proposing an Idea?

> Actually the more I think about the more I really want to
> know the answer to thoes two questions.

See above :)