List:       xfree86
Subject:    Re: [XFree86] Fonts different on essentially identical redh at
From:       Marc Aurele La France <tsi () ualberta ! ca>
Date:       2006-09-04 15:11:15

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, adoniadelavigne@tsacorporation.com wrote:

> I am a dba who does unix admin work, as such I have two redhat servers
> running same os.  My problem is that when oracle generates reports in the
> second (backup production server) it results in a different font which
> causes problems with the layout of the reports.  I have narrowed the
> problem down to the XF86Config files being different on the two servers
> (with more fonts listed in the main server's file).  Also on the main
> server there is an older unused XF86Confg-4 file which is the same as the
> second server's XF86Config file.  I am stumped as to what I need to do to
> resolve this report font mismatch and would welcome any constructive input
> that results in a solution.
> Please find attached the following details

> ####XF86Config files from both servers####

> ####On Both servers######
> XFree86 Version 4.1.0 (Red Hat Linux release: 4.1.0-29) / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6510)
> Release Date: 2 June 2001
>        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
>        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
>        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.9-31smp i686 [ELF]
> Build Host: stripples.devel.redhat.com

> Module Loader present

> ###Video hardware is irrelevant is these are used to generate reports and
> the second server doesn't even have a local monitor. It is used for gnome
> X11 and oracle reports generation#####

Am I to understand, then, that the second system displays its Oracle reports
on the main system's display?  If so, then any X server that might be running
on the second system is irrelevant.  In which case, I don't see how the font
size of the reports could differ.

Otherwise, please post the relevant X server logs (/var/log/XFree86.0.log).

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |