List:       xfree86
Subject:    [XFree86] Remote control and keyboard events
From:       Shaun Jackman <sjackman () telus ! net>
Date:       2004-08-05 20:23:12

I have a remote control (RM-050) that came with my TV capture card
(FlyVideo 2000). The Linux 2.6.6 driver (saa7134) generates input
events. Some of these input events do not generate X keycodes. Below
is a table of the Button's name, the input event it generates, and the
X keycode it generates. The keycode's marked xxx are not generated.
The dead keys all have the largest event codes. It looks like event
codes large than 255 (perhaps) do not work. How can I fix the dead
keys on my remote control?

Air/CATV    386 xxx
Video       393 xxx
Audio       392 xxx