List:       xfree86
Subject:    Re: [XFree86] Strange OpenGL problem with Matrox G400
From:       Rtveliashvili Denis Pavlovich <rtvd () 8ka ! mipt ! ru>
Date:       2003-08-31 6:57:56

> There are known problems in the texture memory management routines in
> the MGA driver in all releases of XFree86.  These have been fixed in the
> DRI tree by some work that was too late and too major to merge for
> XFree86.  Please try a DRI binary snapshot from the "Downloads" section
> of http://dri.sourceforge.net/.

Thank you! This really helped me! Now I see no problems in OpenGL. Not
only the bug disappeared, but also I suspect that speed has increased. I
didn't benchmarks but if I'm not mistaken the clearing speed was
increased twice and flying through a tunnel is faster and smoother than
before. If this DRI fixes are too serious and/or experimental why not to
mention them in mga man page so that people know that they can use them
if they have troubles?

--
 Rtveliashvili Denis

 Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
 Department of Applied Mathematics and Economics