List:       xfree86
Subject:    Re: [XFree86] read directly from the video card framebuffer
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-07-10 19:45:09

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:06:22AM +0200, james amen atayi wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Is it possible to directly read the video card output and save it into a file
> as a screen shot?  I have to capture for a long time the display. Doing it
> making screen shots is not a good solution. That why I'm trying to find out
> how to capture the video card output. In other way, how can I record the
> screen as a movie file without making screen shots?
>
> thank for your help

I'm not sure of anything specifically for making movies/animations out of
them, but there are several programs that can capture X protocol events,
such as xmon, xscope, and xlab. Also, you could run a VNC server and use
rfbproxy to capture its output.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t