List:       xfree86
Subject:    [XFree86] .xprofile file
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-03-22 8:16:17

A while back, I discovered that you could put commands in a file called
~/.xprofile and they would be executed any time you started X, whether via
a display manager or xinit or startx. However, a while back (some time
before the 4.3 release), this stopped working. Could someone tell me what
might have happened to the .xprofile functionality? I wish I had more
information, but unfortunately I don't have exact version numbers for when
it worked and when it didn't, and I don't know if .xprofile was read by part
of the stock X server or if it was from Debian. Anyway, if someone could
fill me in on what happened to .xprofile, I'd appreciate it.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t