List:       xfree86
Subject:    Re: [xfree86] it's been nice
From:       Juliusz Chroboczek <jch () pps ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2003-01-11 20:14:18

EC> I have pretty much the same to say as everyone else. But in order
EC> to make this post useful (instead of just "me too!"), I would like
EC> to ask if anyone hear might know of good resources for beginners
EC> who want to learn stuff about graphics works.

A University-level reference that I've found helpful is
/Computer Graphics, Priniciples and Practice/, by Foley, van Dam et al.
I hear there's a second edition out, I've only used the first one.

I've found it covers most of the basic rendering, although it's a
little sketchy on anti-aliasing (it does cover Porter-Duff compositing
in reasonable detail, though).  I don't recall any treatment of
geometric algorithms, though, be it plane or spatial.

                                        Juliusz