List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    [Xpert] ViRGE driver updates - 4.0.1g module available for testing.
From:       Kevin Brosius <Cobra () compuserve ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 3:08:31

Hi all,
  There are some changes to the virge driver in 4.0.1g and I've put up a
module for anyone who doesn't build the source at
http://www.user1.netcarrier.com/~kbrosius/virge.html.

Alex,
  The XVideo problems on ViRGE DX with left edge should be fixed.  Maybe
bottom also, I just noticed you reported some problems there, but I
didn't see any yet.
  The virge doesn't support scaling video down, and the problem with
windows smaller than the source isn't addressed yet.  It's a little
larger issue beyond just the virge.  I can force the output windows to
the source size, and may do that, but then you'll get apps with large
video overlaying a small gui element.

Martin, Derek,
  The GX2 is a little more stable, and you shouldn't need any options
with this version as I've disabled the problem acceleration in the
server.  There's also a minor change to command vs. accel FIFO usage
which may improve things.  I still see a lockup once in a while, but
nothing repeatable and much less frequent than 4.0.1.

Kevin