List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    Re: [Xpert] Re: XtMakeGeometryRequest breaks xterm
From:       Keith Packard <keithp () keithp ! com>
Date:       2000-09-30 22:45:21

> However with today's CVS I get
> 	Error: XtMakeGeometryRequest - parent not composite
> from gv (postscript viewer) when I select one of the top row of
> menu buttons.

Hmm.  This is the new message added to satisfy VSW5 (TOG test suite).

The spec says you get "an error" when the following are true:

	The widget is managed.
	The widget's parent is realized.
	The parent's class is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass.

It may be that gv was doing something "illegal" that was slipping by the
library in the past.  Or, I may have messed up this new condition.  You can
stick a breakpoint at the error message and check the above assertions.

keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.