List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    Re: [Xpert] running xterm twice causes tty user to "disappear" from w
From:       "Mohammad A. Haque" <mhaque () haque ! net>
Date:       2000-09-30 0:56:41

Verified using 2.4.0-test7 and CVS from Thursday, Sepetember 28th.
Problem did not exist on a 2.4.0-test9pre2 system using xterm version:
XFree86 4.0.1(139)

John Bafford wrote:

> Using the CVS version of XFree86 4.0.1 from Wednesday, I am
> experiencing a curious problem.
>
> Once X has started, the second xterm spawned causes the user that is
> logged into the console from which X was started from disappears from
> the `w` users list. This is reproducable every time I try it.
>
> This problem does not happen on my other machine, running XFree86
> 4.0.1 from July 1st.
>
> Sequence of events:
>
> (log in on tty1)
> startx
> xterm&
> w               -- two users: tty1 and pts/0
> xterm&
> w               -- two users: pts/0 and pts/1
> (exit from X)
> w               -- from tty1: no users (!!)
>
> xterm version: XFree86 4.0.1c(146)
> Linux 2.2.16
>
> Can anyone else verify or reproduce this problem?

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque@haque.net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://wm.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc@themes.org