List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    [Xpert] XFree86 Server Internals Docs
From:       Marc Prokop <marc.prokop () st ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 15:50:42

Hi!

I hope it's a question for Xpert not for Newbie.

I plan to make the necessary adaptations to XFree86 server to support a
new graphics device.
Xfree86 server seems to be different in many areas from X11 standard
sample server from X11R6, so that
"Definition of the Porting Layer for the X v11 Sample Server" (from
X11R6 distribution) and
"Strategies for Porting the Xv11 Sample Server" (from X11R5 archive)
even if valid for high level concepts seem to be not appropriate.

Are there other XFree86 docs which would help me to speed up in order to
not spend too much time in reverse engineering in the source code.

Thanks

Marc