List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    [Xpert]Virtual Terminal
From:       Per Edin <per.programmering () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-12-19 22:34:19

Hi,

I was playing around with my x-server a litte bit today and started to think
about the VT switching mechanism. When I start X I get auto-redirected to
vt07 and after that I can switch back to vt01-vt06. When I press Ctrl-Alt-F1
I assume that the x-server give's the underlying vt control of the keyboard,
mouse and screens, even screens that aren't used by the console. Is it
possible to let the underlying vt only get control of the mouse and keyboard
and not the screen, e.g. the X screen is still shown but it doesn't have
mouse or keyboard focus. And when I press Ctrl-Alt-F7 the x-server will again
get keyboard and mouse focus. Is this configurable or do I need to mess with
the sources ?

In case I have to mess around with the sources, in what file is the vt
switching mechanism ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Yours Faithfully,