List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    [Xpert]Multiple instances of X.
From:       Karl Janmar <karlj () dd ! chalmers ! se>
Date:       2002-11-29 10:10:23

Hi!

I have patched two X servers one with custom usb keyboard \
driver(http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/) and no VT handling and one \
will vanilla keyboard driver. However when I start the second instance of X it muck \
with the first graphic card in the initialization by calling \
hw/xfree86/common/xf86pciBus.c:pciIoAccessDisable() for the first device even when I \
have put the BusID option in the device section. Maybe \
hw/xfree86/common/xf86pciBus.c:FindPCIVideoInfo() shouldn't collect all avalible \
graphic cards if a specific BusID is set in the device section. I have changed this \
to only pick the searched graphic card, as it stop X from calling \
pciIOAccessDisable() when it is checking other graphiccards. It work Flawless now. I \
using XFree86 4.2.1.

Regards, Karl Janmar
karlj@dd.chalmers.se