List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    Re: [Xpert]kdrive on freebsd?
From:       Juliusz Chroboczek <jch () pps ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2002-11-30 14:35:54

YT> Seems my mail got lost somehow...

No, it didn't.  I did reply.

As far as I know, nobody is working on KDrive for *BSD.

Porting the accelerated KDrive servers should be a triviality.
Porting the generic server will be difficult until the FreeBSD folks
either provide a framebuffer device or else document their vm86 calls.

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=i386_vm86&sektion=2&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.0-current

I quote: ``m86 mode is entered by calling sigreturn(2) with the
correct machine context for vm86, and with the PSL_VM bit set.''

                                        Juliusz