List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    Re: [Xpert]Dell laptop cannot change resolution
From:       Case Jones <philipj () interchange ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-29 18:00:25

On Friday 29 November 2002 9:05 am, Peter Zeltins wrote:
> I've seen people mention their laptop screens were able to change
> resolutions fine in 4.2.0, should I just recompile other X server version?
> If so, which one?

Hi Peter,

I've had some success with the latest CVS version of XFree86, when I had
a similar problem (4.2.0 would only display 1600x1200 resolution) so it's
probably worth a shot... The following link provides details regarding how to
get the CVS version: http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/

If you get the CVS version, you can test XFree86 4.3 before they release it in
Jan-Feb, and possibly help convince more knowledgeable people to fix problems
with resolutions or white screens... ;-P

Case