List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    [Xpert]Re: Keyboard repeat problem on Tecra 9000
From:       Jesse Glick <jesse.glick () sun ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 21:44:57

This might get bounced since I am not subscribed, but anyway:

If you are having troubles with the key repeat problem on Toshiba Tecra
9000s (I use RHL 7.2 = XF86 4.1.0), you can solve it simply by disabling
the X keyboard extension, as I found out from the helpful Toshiba
support site (http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/index.html):

Option
"XkbDisable"

I saw several messages on this list suggesting patching X source files
and so on, so this is an easy workaround (wherever the problem lies)
which does not seem to have been mentioned.

BTW if anyone has had luck with 1400x1050 resolution, I would appreciate
a copy of your config.

Regards,
-Jesse