List:       xfree-xpert
Subject:    Re: [Xpert]Problem with mouse wheel
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-15?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-10 0:36:33

El Vie 09 Nov 2001 19:46, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez escribió:
> Hello,

Hello Antonio,

> I've tried the current cvs version of XFree, but the mouse wheel
> emulation doesn't work as expected. When I try to move up it doesn't do
> anything, but I can move down correctly.

Yes, it doesn't work as expected because there's a small bug.

> In other words, I can just emulate a wheel that moves downwards, but I
> cannot move the wheel up !
>
> Any help is appreciated.

There's not really much you can do. The patch to fix this problem
was already sent to fixes@xfree86.org on the 22th of September and was
assigned the sequence number A.600. The patch was even reviewed and
approved by Henry T. So Jr. <henryso @ earthling.net> (the original author
of the wheel emulation code that was commited to cvs on August).

You can only wait until the patch is commited (which I hope that happens
before the next release or many other users will have the same problem than
you). In the meantime, you can also apply it yourself (I've attached it).

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez (trying different ways to say things ;-) )
KDE Core developer  - larrosa@kde.org