List:       xfree-render
Subject:    Re: [Render] FreeType + Render == fun
From:       Keith Packard <keithp () keithp ! com>
Date:       2000-08-06 7:03:48

> i was meaning to ask... what is srca for?
> you use src verbaitm as a logical bitmask only if srca if 0xff = but
> otherwise its not used... i don't quite get it... ?

The code you're looking at is for a solid color source; I extract the
alpha value so I can short circuit the frame buffer read when both the
mask alpha and source alpha are 1.

I've updated the code a bit; at least it doesn't loop over the pixels any
more.  btw -- reading each component separately will be rather slow from
the screen.

keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.