List:       xfree-render
Subject:    [Render] Error Message
From:       "Phil Tourangeau" <dl9830 () montana ! com>
Date:       2002-02-23 19:51:52

I very recently puchased and installed Red Hat 7.2.  The XFree86 version
is 3.3.6a and according to the output from uname -a the kernel version is
2.4.7-10 #1.
    I invariably receive this error message with startx:

    Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

    Startx invokes KDE.  I do not receive the error message when starting
with the command X.

Can anyone tell me the origin of this message and what needs to be done
to correct it.  The documentation with 7.2 is utterly useless.  Also what
and why is "RENDER"?

    Thanks very much...Phil